Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's hot, hot, hot


In the good news front, I am feeling so much better even after just the first epidural shot, and I go in on Tuesday, the 1st, for the second in the series. I am hopeful that it's going to be even more successful in relieving my neck pain, and I am definitely thinking that it's going to make the drive up to Michigan 5 days later much easier on my body. 
In the bad news front, the storms that are typical of Florida's summers are not liking my head. Or my head is not liking them. I was talking to a friend of mine today, and we brought up retirement destinations (my hubby retires from the Navy in 3 years) and I told her there was not a job that pays enough to convince us to move back to Jacksonville. I will happily retire north of the Mason-Dixon thankyouverymuch. 
And, in other news, it's hot...I mean oh-my-gawd-burst-into-flames haaawt in Florida already. I don't like heat any more than I like cold. My feet and fingers turn blue when I'm cold or stressed, but my hands and feet turn red when I'm hot, and my nails turn blue. No, I dunno why either. I guess it just affects my oxygen use, especially in my extremities. 
I once read a humor piece supposedly written by a black person mocking being called "colored". Yes, it was edgy humor, but I cracked up because it said something like "you call me colored, but you turn blue when you're cold, red when you're burnt, yellow when you're scared, and green when you're sick". I forget where I saw it, and it was definitely not for the faint of heart, but funny all the same, and funnier now that I do turn colors.
Finally, I just wanted to say thank you again, dear readers, for coming along on my ramblings. I'm not sure any of this is worth the time some days, but I got told recently that I have educated and inspired with my writing, and that meant the world to me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment