Monday, February 22, 2010

Round and Round

The more things change the more they stay the same. Uh, yeah kinda. Considering I am back in frickin Florida, about 10 miles from where I lived the first time and headed from Florida to Maryland this summer. Deja Vu. It's 2004 again.

The Navy, in it's infinite cost cutting strategy mindset, refuses to pay to move us to Italy, so we are heading back up the coast again. That's alright with me. I like Maryland, and I love D.C., but I have this really crazy idea that could save the Navy money. It involves getting out of a war we shouldn't have started and can't win, but that's another blog. Or maybe not. I don't think I have much more to say about that come to think of it.

But repeating moves got me to thinking about the way things move in circles sometimes. Or maybe there's some great Groundhog in the sky that has us repeat things until we get them right. So, we're headed back up to Maryland. But this time I get to go house shopping, and this means we move just one more time. This is our last move. Really? Don't lie to me. For reals? No more moving 12,000 pounds of crap across 10 states and driving through the rain with Dera-the-deranged-doggy staring crazily at me in the rear view mirror?

So, after four years of insanity, I look forward to the calm of buying a house in a small town in Maryland and retiring there. I didn't know where "home" was going to end up being. Guess I've already been there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment